This position is located in the Controller's Branch of the Financial Management Division (FMD) within the Department of Administration and Finance (A&F) of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay only, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is in pay band MC-2D which is generally equal to SES/SL in pay only.
Learn more about this agency
- Oversees and reviews financial management activities relating to accounting operations; financial management internal controls; core financial system (i.e. Oracle Federal Financials); financial policies and procedures; federal financial management compliance and assurance; and financial audit engagement.
- Manages and maintains the day-to-day accounting operations, including developing, coordinating, and maintaining an integrated system of financial staff services; exercises controls over financial resources including overseeing month-end close processes; coordinating and synthesizing financial data into financial statement reviews and analysis; and leveraging tools/technology to gain efficiency and improve effectiveness.
- Leads and supports the preparation and coordination of the annual financial statement audit; the development and review of accurate and timely accounting reports; the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and corresponding notes; and supports/advises senior leadership on financial management decisions.
- Oversees the installation and maintenance of official accounting and financial management processes and systems; and interprets and implements financial regulatory directives and establishes procedures and guidelines to ensure that statutory and administrative provisions governing the expenditure and stewardship of government funds are followed.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions when authorized; and advises on appropriate accounting treatment and development of procedures or changes in policy necessary to carry-out MCC's mission and priorities.
- Advises, develops, coordinates, improves, and carries out financial policies, procedures, and outward facing guidance to departments/divisions as well as with MCC's country partners through program office liaison functions.
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and reports on program accomplishments in financial terms; and advises and assists with supplying financial management advice required to make management decisions, establish organizational goals and objectives, and support management of the organization.
- Conducts complex data modeling to evaluate trends; interprets analyses within the context of the agency's environment; and reviews/presents briefings of emerging accounting issues to agency leadership.
- Performs administrative, human capital and contract management functions relative to staff supervised; and ensures a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Some domestic and international travel maybe required
To qualify for pay band 2D you must also meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 3B (GS-15) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as: providing technical resource and advice on a wide range of critical financial management programs and issues to senior management; providing expert technical leadership, staff coordination and consultation in the functional area of financial management including formulating guidelines, implementing new developments and providing policy interpretation on financial issues; developing new and reviewing proposed financial management documents, legislation and regulations; and preparing and conducting briefings to internal and external stakeholders. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.
- RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION BONUS may be authorized for this position. If you are not a current federal employee this position may authorize a one time Recruitment bonus to be paid over a specified period. Selected individual will be required to a sign service agreement prior to receiving any bonus payments.
- If you are a current federal employee this position may authorize a one time Relocation bonus to be paid over a specified period. Selected individual will be required to a sign service agreement prior to receiving any bonus payments.
- Selectee may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual, based on prior work experience.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card – You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence
- Written Communication
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories – Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder ( http: www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- Unofficial college transcripts – if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify "Unofficial" transcripts are acceptable. If selected for the position, prior to your appointment, an official transcript will be required.
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. See https: www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/career-transition/ . To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above.
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 – member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation. For more information visit: http: www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities, http: www.usajobs.gov/ei/individualswithdisabilities.asp,http: www.opm.gov/disability
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.