- At Exeter Finance, we are committed to helping customers find the right financing for their next vehicle purchase. By building strong relationships with our customers and network of dealer partners we are able to give options that make sense, getting customers behind the wheel of their car.
Every team member is integral to our success. Whether youre at a servicing center helping customers with their loans, in the field building relationships with dealers, or supporting the company from its corporate offices, you’ll enjoy a nurturing, invigorating and positive work environment.
Our vision is to be a premier finance company and lender of choice known for its People, Performance and Service.
The Director Assistant General Counsel is responsible for providing legal research, analysis, regulatory investigation support, litigation support, transactional support and other general duties as needed for Legal, Compliance, and various lines of business.
- Performs research and analysis of state and federal laws, rules, regulations and litigation applicable to the organization. Assists, advises, investigates and researches legal matters to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Interprets laws, rulings and regulations.
- Provides support and/or manages litigation and regulatory investigation matters involving the company. Works with outside counsel and Exeters lines of business in the handling and resolution of various regulatory and litigation matters.
- Provides support by analyzing, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing company agreements to ensure consistency with respect to the companys philosophy or principles with respect to risk, and commercial and legal soundness.
- Assists Compliance team with gathering and reviewing all documents needed for state and federal examinations.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to internal processes, procedures and policies for compliance with applicable laws.
- Other duties as assigned. ?
Education and Work Experience
- College degree and graduate of an accredited law school;
- Three (3) or more years of experience; in the consumer finance field preferred.
- Member of state bar (Texas preferred).
- Previous experience in the auto finance industry preferred.
- Previous in-house experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations and use legal research tools like Lexis, Westlaw etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ?
Exeter Finance LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.