Communication has changed for people. Its changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycleacross acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? ?
As Intercoms first dedicated Privacy Counsel, you will advise and partner with our engineering, product, security, sales, marketing and other teams throughout the organization to manage legal risk and compliance with global privacy laws and regulations. You will develop and effectuate strategies and initiatives that focus on building a scalable privacy program. Furthermore, you will educate and train key stakeholders on prioritizing data protection as a core value for Intercom.
What will I be doing? ?
- Provide a wide range of subject matter expertise and resource on privacy, security and data protection
- Work with teams worldwide on various privacy and security initiatives
- Partner very closely with your colleagues on Intercoms legal team on a number of cross functional projects with privacy implications
- Draft external privacy notices and disclosures, and manage/update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global privacy laws
- Provide guidance and interpretation on legal requirements to the engineering and product teams with respect to existing and new product features and functionality for privacy-by-design initiatives
- Respond to customer and employee questions about their individual data rights and Intercoms processing activities
- Draft data protection impact assessments
- Analyze privacy law developments and provide analysis and guidance for implementation into business processes
- Counsel and advise commercial teams and business partners on data protection related provisions in contracts
- Assist in the formation and management of a cross functional privacy committee, on which you will play an integral role in its ongoing viability and success
What skills do I need? ?
- 5-8 years relevant experience advising a multinational SaaS company on global data privacy regulation and laws
- Deep experience with global privacy regulations, which include GDPR, the ePrivacy Directive and CCPA-CPRA. Working understanding of Australian Privacy Act, HIPAA, PIPEDA and desire to learn LGPD and upcoming regulations
- Foundational knowledge of key security programs such as SOC2, ISO and HIPAA
- Experience interfacing with a Data Protection Officer
- CIPP/E or CIPP/US certification
- A level of comfort in influencing and educating an organization on the importance of privacy and implementation of privacy initiatives, and capable of gaining respect of senior leaders in the organization
- An ability to multi-task which includes handling a variety of legal issues simultaneously
- Attention to detail, a sense of passion to support Intercoms privacy initiatives and the versatility and confidence to take on challenges that are presented to you
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.