As an Intellectual Property Attorney you will work with the Vice President, Science and Technology and Chief Technology Officer as well as with members of Science and Technology team and the commercial teams to help support the company due to both acquisitions and organic growth, as well as the increasing significance and complexity of intellectual property matters.
- Provide strategic direction and advice in connection with the full range of intellectual property support required by the company.
- Understand the intellectual property needs of the assigned businesses on both operating and strategic levels and provide direct legal support accordingly. Integrate IP legal support with the commercial legal support of the businesses.
- Specific responsibility for client projects across the following IP practice areas:
- IP Portfolio management, including strategic review and assessment of the companys IP assets, IP generation, defense, maintenance and enforcement globally and strategic approaches for patent prosecution.
- IP counseling, including Freedom to Operate opinions for new products and processes, invalidity opinions relating to third party patents, landscape and third party patent searching and analysis.
- Contracting, including joint development agreements, research and development agreements, cooperation agreements, and licensing of technology (inbound and outbound licenses).
- IP and Commercial Transactions, including analysis and counseling with respect to IP related issues and agreements, as well as risk assessments and negotiations.
- IP Litigation, including risk-based evaluation and counseling, as well as development of strategy and oversight of outside counsel, performed in close coordination with litigation and commercial attorneys in the Department.
- Management of outside counsel
- Juris Doctor with superior academic credentials Required
- Bachelors degree in chemical-related arts required
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state and in good standing is required.
- Registration to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office is required.
- 7-15 years of Intellectual Property experience.
- Strong law firm training preferred
- Extensive background in diverse areas of Intellectual Property practice.
- Professional knowledge of foreign patent practices.
- General knowledge of and exposure to a broad spectrum of legal fields.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are One PPG to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
We are One PPG: http: one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email recruitingppg.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.