GI Alliance is seeking an experienced Sr. Corporate Counsel – Healthcare Operations and Development.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide advice and support on a variety of legal issues relating to operations and transactions undertaken by the GI Alliance.
- Review and analysis of all arrangements between GI Alliance and other parties for compliance with Stark, anti-kickback and other fraud and abuse laws, EMTALA, HIPAA, and any other regulatory requirements applicable to such arrangements.
- Work directly with business counterparts to identify legal risks and issues arising in day-to-day operations, contractual matters, and business transactions.
- Counsel management team on proposed arrangements and complex legal matters.
- Review, advise, negotiate, and draft a wide range of healthcare and commercial agreements, including asset purchase agreements, physician and executive employment agreements, real estate leases, and professional services agreements.
- Manage and coordinate matters with outside counsel.
- Advise on corporate governance documents.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education: JD degree from an ASA-accredited institution.
Experience: Five (5) plus years of experience in health care law, experience in healthcare operations law practice and working knowledge of healthcare regulations is required. This includes experience in health care related drafting and transactional matters.
Required Licensure/Certification: Member of Texas State Bar or member in good standing of the State Bar of Texas or another state or District of Columbia.
Additional Qualifications: N/A
- Research, analytical, organizational, and computer skills.
- The ability to work independently but within a team framework.
- The ability to be extremely responsive to a high volume of requests.
- Strong customer service orientation, meticulous attention to detail and initiative are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the company, including senior executives.
- Proficient technical (computer) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Self-motivated with initiative.
- Strong sense of ethics.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.