To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
The Integration Lead role is within Salesforces Mergers & Acquisitions Legal team. M&A Legal Integration partners with Corporate Development and a cross-functional team of leaders throughout the organization on acquisitions and developing a strategy to integrate them into Salesforce. The role is responsible for planning, overseeing, and leading the integration project plan, from early diligence through full integration into Salesforce. This role requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders and will most often include managing several projects simultaneously. Ultimately, we are looking for someone with a proven track record of managing multiple large/global/complex projects while maintaining an efficient project plan. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to interact with a variety of business stakeholders, enjoys the process of acquiring and integrating companies, and is eager to contribute to the emerging businesses that help drive our companys incredible growth.
As an Integration Lead, specific tasks will include participating in pre-signing diligence activities, understanding Salesforces rationale for the purchase and strategy with respect to the acquired technology and talent, uncovering any deal-stopping concerns or foreseeable go-to-market challenges, creating an integration project plan, leading Legal Integration Kickoff meeting and weekly legal syncs, reporting progress against these milestones to Corporate Development, and generally quarterbacking integration tasks across the entire Legal team. In this role, you will be exposed to various legal and nonlegal issues and have the opportunity to interact with executives from across the company. The ideal candidate will be friendly, work well in a group, and be able to issue-spot, multitask, and work at a rapid pace. We are looking for an attorney (Corporate Counsel / Senior Corporate Counsel) with seven or more years of legal experience (some of those in M&A Integration preferred) to fill this position.
Responsibilities (what you will do)
- Participate in pre-signing diligence activities
- Work with a Project Manager and other Legal team stakeholders to develop detailed project plan templates for varying acquisition/integration types
- Lead Legal Integration Kickoff meeting and weekly syncs
- Produce consistent and clear status reports for both project teams and Executive audiences
- Lead integration retrospectives to improve upon our mistakes and prevent them from repeating
- Optimize and improve processes and overall program where necessary
Required Skills and Experience (what you bring to the table)
- 7+ years of legal experience. A background in M&A or M&A Integration is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team player who is able to work with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams
- Capacity to manage high-stress situations
- Experience with Smartsheets, Google slides, and Quip preferred
- Ability to work Pacific timezone hours as needed
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.