Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At?Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries.? We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources.? As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and above all a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Associate General Counsel
The Associate General Counsel, in consultation with management, provides guidance, direction, and assistance on a wide variety of legal matters, including contract drafting and review, compliance issues, transactions, employment and labor issues, and litigation. The Associate General Counsel is also responsible for managing outside counsel for company litigation from inception to trial, as well as day-to-day case management.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Draft, review, and negotiate contract with customers, subcontractors and vendors
- Provide contract support and advise on contract issues as needed during project execution
- Manage litigation and regulatory investigations, including overseeing outside counsel
- Investigate, research, and provide legal advice concerning a broad range of issues and circumstances which arise in the companys day-to-day business
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Review and interpret legislation, rules and regulations ensuring company personnel are aware of and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Travel to various company locations, legal proceedings, and contract negotiations may be required.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- A Juris Doctorate granted by an ABA accredited law school
- Current license to practice law
- 5-10 years of experience as in-house counsel, including litigation and contracts
- Experience in the construction and/or energy industry is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Acrobat Adobe, and internet research tools
- Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be self-directed and exercise independent judgment