Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then wed like to meet you and bet youd like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Group Counsel, Corporate & Securities Law to join our headquarter office in Wilmington, Delaware. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Law function. This position will report to the General Counsel and manage two paralegals.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support corporate governance matters, including general recordkeeping and preparation of board and committee agendas, presentations, minutes, resolutions, D&O questionnaires, and other materials
- Draft, review and manage the process for 8-Ks, 10-Qs, 10-Ks, proxy statements, other SEC filings and annual meetings
- Oversee filings with NYSE
- Review earnings releases and earnings call slides, press releases, and review of Reg FD matters
- Maintain the insider trading policy, including manage blackout periods, MNPI questions, and reviewing Rule 10b5-1 Plans
- Respond to SEC comment letters
- Manage and oversee securities paralegal supporting the Group Counsel in above corporate governance and securities law activities
- Manage and oversee finance paralegal position responsible for corporate housekeeping of 100+ domestic and foreign subsidiaries
- Provide legal support to finance group, including review of credit agreements, bond offerings, parent guarantees, letter of credit, ISDA schedules and management of historical treasury issues
- Providing legal support to Corporate Services (IT, HR, Corporate Procurement) by providing general legal advice as well as reviewing and negotiating various types of contracts in those areas
- Providing legal support to our Latin American region as a first contact for external counsel and internal coordinator with commercial attorneys supporting the relevant business units in LATAM
- Manage outside counsel delivery of services and spend within the function
- Less than 10% of travel required
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience with independently managing U.S. securities & corporate law function or position at a publicly listed Fortune 500 company
- 3+ years of management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High ethical standards and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively multi-task, juggle and prioritize many projects at one time
- Highly motivated and positive can do attitude
- The ability to travel on a limited basis to other locations within the US (less than 10%)
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SEC filing software
- Admission to Delaware bar or limited in-house license for Delaware
- Current U.S. work authorization*
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
Foreign language skills, such as Portuguese or Spanish
Working knowledge of GEMS (entity management system)
Working knowledge of sharepoint databases
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.