As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving and always fascinating.
Join us as a Senior Contracts Counsel on our VirtustreamLegal team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What youll achieve
As an experienced Senior Contracts Counsel, you will be the primary deal attorney for Virtustream, which is a growing cloud company owned by Dell Technologies. You will negotiate Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Cloud-based as a service deals with primarily healthcare customers in North America. You will also have an opportunity to take new offerings to market and work on special projects, as needed.
- Serve as the primary Legal escalation point for revenue deals, and manage internal negotiation positions as to operational and risk issues presented in the contracts
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, Tax, Insurance, Privacy, and IT Security groups to ensure that agreements meet Company policies and protect the Companys interests
- Provide time sensitive support to Account Management teams on Sales transactions while balancing business needs and risks
- Recognize risks and provide creative solutions to resolve issues
- Convey complex and legally complicated information to Business Leaders in a concise and professional manner
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Heres what we are looking for with this role:
- ?JD degree with admission to at least one state bar
- 5+ years relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience with technology transactions, including aaS agreements (SaaS, IaaS and/or PaaS) with end user customers or partners
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of successfully negotiating large, complex technology deals
- Significant knowledge of the information technology industry and of related commercial contracts terms
- Experience negotiating cloud, hosting and/or SaaS agreements
- Experience supporting sales to customers in the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with U.S. laws and regulations applicable to the healthcare industry
- Data privacy experience
Heres our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. Were proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
Whats most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didnt stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of whats next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.