We are seeking a labor and employment lawyer with litigation experience who has honed their expertise at a law firm for at least 5 years and who has practiced for no less than 8 years total. In-house experience is a plus. This role is responsible for providing, overseeing and coordinating legal services relating to internal labor and employment matters, including: advising the HR team on a broad range of labor and employment and employee relations matters, employee-related disputes and litigation, conducting research on labor and employment laws and regulations, policy development and implementation, research and advice on applicable compliance matters, developing and leading training programs, advice with respect to the handling of employee data and partnership with the various functional groups to address areas of exposure and issues as they arise. This lawyer will also be expected to proactively contribute to the development of the legal department and development of policies and procedures for the company; initiate, develop and manage business relationships and relationships with outside counsel;contribute to the increasing effectiveness of the legal department and the success of the company by evaluating and improving interfaces between departments; manage and assist team members in assigned projects; participate in departmental training; and perform other duties as assigned.
Labor & Employment
- Act as subject matter expert for labor and employment matters relating to company employees across all offices
- Serve as the primary liaison to and partner for the HR team in addressing human resources and employee relations matters and issues
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside counsel in each of the jurisdictions where the companys offices are located
- Provide guidance and oversight of the companys handling of leave of absence requests and requests for disability accommodations
- Provide guidance and oversight of the companys policies and practices for employee performance documentation
- Act as a business partner to leaders of each of the functional groups
- Manage, in coordination with outside counsel, all employee-related disputes and litigation
- Coordinate with applicable internal teams to collect and preserve applicable data and information
- Create or update key company policies related to labor and employment matters, including Employee Handbooks for each jurisdiction in which the company has offices
- Assist with the implementation and enforcement of such policies
- Participate in the development of a range of employee training programs, from key compliance topics to functional programs
- Conduct relevant training programs related to labor and employment topics, including manager training
- Assist with employee communications
- Advise executive leadership and the legal department with respect to key developments in applicable laws and regulations and the handling of sensitive matters
- Engage in the companys enterprise risk program and seek ways to minimize or address key areas of exposure
- Oversee record retention and data management practices with respect to employee information
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the legal department, HR team and the company
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively represent the Cast & Crew values and goals
- Outsized sense of urgency
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Ability to build consensus and bring matters to resolution
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A competitive and collaborative spirit
- Supervisor: General Counsel
- Subordinate(s): As Assigned
- Applicants for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications.
- J.D. and admission to the California bar or the ability to work as in-house counsel in California
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience as a labor and employment attorney with litigation experience at a law firm and an additional 3 years at a law firm or in-house role
- Significant subject matter expertise regarding federal and California labor and employment laws and regulations
- Demonstrated experience advising companies on a broad range of labor and employment matters related to their internal employees, including litigation
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time
Special Work Conditions
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may occasionally require exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier – think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so weve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https: www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.