This announcement will be used to fill positions that are located in either Atlanta, Georgia or Washington, DC. Salary will be adjusted to location of the selectee.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about this agency
As an Public Health Analyst you will:
- Serve as a special projects officer and conduct comprehensive research, review and analysis on a wide variety of public health-related programs to provide a wide variety of staff papers that address multi-functional issues.
- Serve on review committees, study groups, public health task groups, or comparable groups delegated responsibility for reviewing and developing public health policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of current public health policies and determine where new or changed policies are required to effectively execute public health programs, missions and functions.
- Prepare Congressional testimony, policy documents, briefings, reports, summaries, responses to requests for information and other substantive documents.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be authorized.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Drug Screening Required: Positions requiring a top secret or secret clearance will be required to be drug tested.
- Promotion potential: Please be advised there is no promotion potential. Any position filled with this announcement will be filled at the single grade level requested.
- Relocation incentive may be authorized.
- Recruitment incentive may be authorized.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized.
GS-13: Applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience independently evaluating and analyzing public health program operations.
GS-14: Applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience evaluating and analyzing public health program operations to include advising management on implementation and improvement initiatives.
- Although this announcement is advertised for multiple grade levels, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at all grade levels.
- This announcement is being used to create an inventory of applicants for Public Health Analyst positions and will be used to fill immediate and future needs.
- Positions will be filled as Permanent appointments.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to maximize their employment opportunities. Your application will remain in the inventory of tentatively qualified applicants. Applicants that are among the best qualified will be referred to the selecting official for consideration as requests to fill vacancies are processed by the Human Resources Office. The first cut-off date for you to be referred will be November 27, 2020. Thereafter, additional referral lists will be generated throughout the open period as vacancies occur. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
- This is an open continuous announcement. Qualified applicants will be considered as job opportunities occur and may or may not receive further notification regarding the status of their application.
CDC Financial Disclosure-OGE Form 450: Holding ourselves to a higher standard; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position may be subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-21-10925288 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement (if applicable).
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
For more information on veterans' preference see http: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http: www.sss.gov ).
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http: opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document(s), view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics).
- Knowledge of administrative requirements (e.g. contracts, awards, grant administration, budget travel, etc. ).
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to develop data collections tools and review, evaluate, survey, and improve domestic or international public health program operations
- Skill in oral communication.
- Skill in written communication.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Veterans Preference Documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal).
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents will result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit: https: help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tips.