We are looking for an experienced privacy and data protection attorney to be a specialist focused on a variety of privacy and data protection projects. You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities. Legal smarts are required but you need to have a keen business sense, a strong work ethic, and a good personality. You must have the ability to operate independently, proactively, and cross-functionally with teams across the organization. Experience advising or working on privacy and data protection issues in the following fields is of particular interest: ad tech, data governance, compliance programs, risk management, or regulatory issues.
What Youll Do:
- Providing support to other legal team members on privacy and data protection issues.
- Be a cross-functional champion for privacy and data protection.
- Build, refine, and scale privacy and data protection compliance processes.
- Lead and support regulatory investigations and responses.
- Play a key part in data protection impact assessments.
- Respond to internal and external privacy and data protection inquiries.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver best in class privacy and data protection training initiatives across the company.
- Work with other teams to review and track privacy and data protection compliance through project lifecycles.
- Support and manage various one-off projects.
Who You Are:
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters and technologies.
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- You are a team player with a proven track record of building cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to complete several simultaneous projects on a deadline.
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing skills.
- Have a solid understanding of the social media industry and/or ad tech ecosystem.
- You get things done!
- 5+ years of legal experience (though more experience is welcome), including supporting and advising businesses on privacy and data protection related concerns, ideally with both a law firm and/or within a fast-paced technology, media, advertising agency, or Internet company.
- Experience with privacy and data protection compliance processes and practices.
- Knowledge of global privacy standards and regimes including but not limited to CCPA, GDPR, or LGPD.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- JD from an accredited law school, and be admitted to at least one US State Bar in good standing, or be qualified for and willing to maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with the California State Bar.
- CIPP preferred.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.