Who We Are:
Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitters product and engineering teams, and also work closely with the product policy and product trust teams. We are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that gives everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.
What Youll Do:
- Provide legal advice to Twitters participation product and engineering teams from the initial stages of product development, to launch, and beyond. Twitters participation product team builds features and products that increase healthy participation in the public conversation.
- Help build scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients on strategic product initiatives.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Product, Engineering, Trust & Safety, Policy, Communications, and Business Development.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to privacy, content regulation, and consumer protection, among others.
Who You Are:
Product Counsel must have a deep understanding of Twitters products and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people who are collaborative, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). A successful candidate will have expertise in at least some of the legal areas we face on a daily basis – such as privacy and data protection, content regulation, copyright, advertising, and consumer protection – and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.???????
- 4+ years of legal experience is preferred, including consumer protection, privacy, advertising, or content regulation law; regulatory and/or in-house experience is preferred but not required.
- Solution-oriented, customer service, and growth mindset – you welcome diverse perspectives and engage problems with curiosity.
- Ability to integrate into cross-functional teams with a cooperative and participatory approach.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas in a succinct and impactful manner.
- Bar admission or equivalent and in good standing to practice law in your relevant jurisdiction.
- Experience as an adviser to user generated content platforms dealing with issues related to content generation and regulation; a working understanding of current and emerging privacy laws (CCPA, GDPR); and a working understanding of current and emerging copyright laws (DMCA, EUCD).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.