Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPals innovative technology and approaches to payments, coupled with an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment, provide robust career opportunities for attorneys motivated and driven by creative clients and a fast paced, cutting edge culture.
PayPal is seeking a high caliber, experienced and energetic attorney, with an interest in credit, to support PayPals growing credit business.
The attorney will work closely with the PayPal business as part of a growing legal team, currently comprised of approximately 150 legal staff members globally.
The successful candidate will have the specific qualifications and experience:
- Familiarity with legal issues arising in some or all of the following areas: credit and lending, technology, consumer protection, financial services and operations.
- Familiarity and prior work with the following laws and regulations is preferred: UDAAP, EFTA/Reg. E, TILA/Reg. Z, GLBA/Reg. P, FCRA/Reg. V, FDCPA, ECOA/Reg. B, CAN-SPAM, TCPA and other laws affecting payments products, and consumer credit products. Experience with e-commerce, payments, credit cards or other credit products is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in many cases, will be matters of first impression.
- Openness to adapting his/her practice in response to the changing landscape of the industry.
- Facility with a team-based approach to subject matter management and knowledge sharing, and comfort with a flexible, agile environment that emphasizes collaboration and team performance over management hierarchy. The successful candidate will enthusiastically partner with PayPal legal colleagues across our global organization.
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, PayPal, mobile and alternative payments, emerging technology, as well as credit/lending.
- 5 – 10 years of credit experience practicing either in-house (or in an equivalent setting) or at a reputable law firm.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree. Admitted to a state bar.
- Exceptional writing skills, with attention to detail and ability to generate creative original drafted documents.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently.
Timonium, Maryland, United States of America
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at paypalglobaltalentacquisitionpaypal.com.