Requisition ID # 67020
Job Category : Legal
Job Level : Attorney
Business Unit: General Counsel
Job Location : San Francisco
The Law Department provides timely, efficient and business-focused legal services to the company. The Law Departments substantive legal activities fall into the following categories: Litigation, Regulatory, Transactions and Corporate Services. The Commercial legal team provides both strategic and transactional support to clients across a broad spectrum of subject matters.
The Senior Counsel attorney will report to the Managing Counsel for Commercial within the PG&E Law Department and will be responsible for providing legal support as well as advice and counsel to Pacific Gas and Electric Companys Supply Chain organization, including assisting in the development and negotiation of commercial contracts that support PG&Es utility operations.
Reports to Managing Counsel, Commercial, Law Department
- Provide legal advice to PG&Es Supply Chain organization and other business units on strategic sourcing, goods and services supply, and other forms of key commercial agreements.
- Lead form development and negotiation process and develop and maintain ongoing relationships with external supply chain vendors, including directly negotiating with external partners and suppliers.
- Draft and maintain forms/templates for a variety of supply chain agreements including detailed negotiation position documents.
- Develop processes and procedures for utility regulatory compliance requirements impacting supply chain and other business unit activities.
- Provide training to internal customers on contract drafting, negotiation, management issues and best practices.
- Manage legal operations and processes, including template agreements, playbooks and back-stop negotiating and drafting positions.
- Provide strategic and practical legal advice and subject matter expertise on a range of relevant supply chain legal, regulatory, and operational matters, including security of supply supplier risk management, information security and data privacy, corporate social responsibility, and the various regulatory requirements that impact utility supply chain activities.
- Support contract management teams with identified legal issues in connection with ongoing or completed projects and assist contract management and litigation team members with complex commercial disputes and other dispute resolution processes with general guidance.
- Manage and coordinate outside counsel supporting specific legal issues.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelors degree.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Registered In-House Counsel permit, California (if applicable).
- 12 years of experience, which may include other industry experience relevant to the position, of which at least 6 years should be as an attorney.
- Active Bar Admission, California.
- Experience advising on commercial and transactional legal matters.
- Ability to represent PG&E as a lead counsel internally and with external partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Competence in drafting and negotiating commercial transactional agreements.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member.
- Experience directly advising clients and ability to provide a high level of client service.
- Ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple internal and external sources.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong academic record.