Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform thats streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that home lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by banks across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
Roostify is hiring a Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), which will be responsible for the Companys risk, controls and compliance program. Reporting to Roostifys CEO, the CCO will partner with the Roostify leadership team to ensure organizational compliance with applicable laws, industry requirements, and company policies.
The CCO will establish standards and implement procedures to ensure that Roostifys compliance program is effective in ensuring compliance with all applicable legal, contractual and company requirements, and for preventing, identifying, detecting, and correcting any non-compliance issues. Specific responsibilities include, among other things, policy and process implementation, leading effective training programs, conducting internal monitoring and auditing, and providing strategic risk management guidance, and implementing appropriate corrective measures.
- Responsible for the continued development, operation, and oversight of the companys compliance program.
- Manage and develop a governance, risk and compliance team consisting of experts in risk and controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Periodically report to the leadership team and Board of Directors regarding the design, operation, and effectiveness of the companys compliance program.
- Champion a corporate culture in which compliance is a key objective in business decision-making and processes and aligned with the companys core values.
- Provide guidance to the leadership team and all employees on compliance matters and new developments.
- Keep abreast of compliance trends, applicable laws and regulations, and provide practical business solutions that maintain the companys compliance within an evolving legal landscape.
- Team with the companys General Counsel to conduct any investigations of information security breaches.
- Ensure that the companys policies and practices are sufficient to enable the company to maintain its ISO and SOC certifications.
- Develop, implement, and periodically review policies and procedures governing business operations, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the company.
- Develop, implement, and periodically review compliance training programs for new and existing employees to ensure a thorough understanding and appreciation of the laws that impact the companys operations and how to conduct business practices appropriately.
- Develop, implement, and periodically review auditing and monitoring plans for internal and external stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree required; JD or MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a corporate compliance role in the financial services industry, including at least five years in a leadership role. Alternatively, we will consider on an equal basis comparable experience working for a regulator (e.g., OCC or CFPB, or state equivalents) or government-sponsored enterprise (e.g., Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac).
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state laws and industry requirements affecting the financial services industry, including primarily laws and regulations applicable to issuing and servicing home mortgages.
- Experience building and managing a compliance department within a small to mid-sized organization preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
- Clear, concise, and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload and demonstrated adaptability with small company, lean-resourced environment.
- Strong orientation to deadline and detail.
- Embrace and champion our core values.
BENEFITS & PERKS
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits were proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Fitness/Wellness Discount through ClassPass
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.