The Corporate Attorney will report to the companys President + CEO. He/She will be responsible for providing senior management with effective legal advice on the companys registrations, contracts, and risk management items from a legal aspect. A flexible schedule is available with an option to work from home on occasion, but a qualified candidate is expected to be in the office more often than not.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop, review and assess various contracts to ensure that their terms and conditions are consistent with the companys policies and goals.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable SEC, et. al. laws and regulations.
- Advise on legal aspects of the companys financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Update and organize the following items:
- Foreign Corporation Registration and Annual Report
- Individual Architect and/or Engineer State Licensure
- Various state registrations for Company Authorization to perform A/E functions
- Research additional information as it related to state, federal, and international regulations
- Law Degree and a member of the Michigan Bar required
- Minimum of six years of contract review experience in a corporate environment; AEC experience a bonus.
- Exposure to and/or familiarity with the following areas of law: contract, securities, antitrust, computer and privacy law.
- Experience working on matters of corporate governance and with a board of directors is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to effectively communicate with internal and external parties including employees, outside attorneys, senior management, and business associates/clients.
- Strong desire to be a business partner within the organization.
- Intermediate/Expert knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.
Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:
Connect to our job portal (
By” rel=”noopener noreferrer nofollow”>
… fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human Resources
By mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human Resources
In person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.
By email at hrghafari.com
If there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.
It is Ghafari Associates, LLCs policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a persons race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Connect With Us
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.