Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Cvent, Inc. is expanding its Legal department to meet the demands of a fast-growing event technology company. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney with significant SaaS contracts. The successful candidate will work closely with our Sales team, at our Tyson headquarters. The attorney will be responsible for all aspects of the commercial contract process, including drafting, reviewing, revising, and negotiating Enterprise-level, SaaS customer contracts, specifically for Fortune 1000 clients and prospects, both domestically and internationally. This position will interact directly and frequently with Senior Leadership, and will report to the Associate General Counsel, Commercial and Intellectual Property.
In addition, this position requires a broad business perspective, the ability to apply this perspective to legal analysis and to devise innovative solutions that meet client needs. All work will require a “business” as well as a “legal” approach, requiring responsibilities and competencies in negotiation, structuring deals and validation of terms against commercial and industry norms, project management, and team leading that is much more than simply documenting the legal terms of an already agreed upon deal.
What You Will be Doing
- Review, interpret, draft, revise and negotiate terms in customer and vendor contracts, both domestically and internationally. Our goal is to move contracts to completion in as expeditious a manner as possible while staying focused on protecting the interests of the Company.
- Demonstrate capabilities in anticipating legal issues, accepting and effectively resolving sensitive legal projects, handling difficult situations diplomatically and independently.
- Revise, update and maintain the master service, non-disclosure, and other standard form agreements; perform regular internal reviews of existing legacy contracts and ensuring legal and policy compliance prior to customer account activation.
- Collaborate with various business functions in connection with driving deal negotiations
- Maintain and enforce the legal process that is necessary to protect our intellectual property prior to granting customers access to propriety software and information
- Post signing contract management, including amendments to existing contracts, business team support and counsel
- Engage with Cvents Technology team to ensure compliance with data security requirements enforced by various jurisdictions and customers
- Support of other legal team members on customer contracts, training sessions and related projects
What You Need For This Position
- J.D. degree from an accredited, top tier law school and admission to a State Bar
- 5+ years of total experience, with 3+ years supporting a sales team to draft and negotiate Enterprise-level Corporate Contracts. SaaS experience is required
- Working knowledge and experience with commercial contract terms and conditions with particular emphasis on the protection of intellectual property, confidentiality and minimizing liabilities and risks
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks, providing exceptional service to various stakeholders
- Self-starter who understands executing with urgency, and the ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for this position
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as a team player attitude; experience with cross cultural communication a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally with all levels of management regarding complex employment legal issues
- Proficient in Salesforce.com
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.