Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a highly skilled professional who knows how to get the best out of his/her team. Are you looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level? As the Senior Director, Labor and Employment Counsel, you will help provide world-class employment and labor law support to the HR organization and the enterprise. You will be based in our Greenwich, CT global headquarters and will play a key role in helping to build the infrastructure necessary to support a growing, dynamic global entity from a labor and employment perspective. Become a part of our team and we’ll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What youll do on a typical day:
- Provide daily counseling on a broad array of significant and higher risk employment-related issues including recruitment and hiring, restrictive covenant issues, equal pay, leaves of absence, investigations, disciplinary warnings, terminations, workplace safety, reorganizations, reductions in force, executive compensation, immigration and international assignments
- Assist with company litigation (single plaintiff and class), arbitrations, grievances and associated administrative charges
- Provide legal support in connection with traditional labor matters including organizing campaigns, contract negotiations, unfair labor practice charges and grievance and arbitration matters
- Assist with drafting, interpreting and enforcing employment, separation, non-competition, confidentiality and consulting agreements
- Create, conduct and implement training modules on a variety of labor and employment-related topics
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, youll need:
- Juris Doctor
- 7 years of substantive labor and employment experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Windows applications and Microsoft Office
Itd be great if you also have:
- 2+ years in-house experience
- Mix of substantive law firm and in-house, hands-on labor and employment experience in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities, schedules and assignments
- Significant litigation and counseling experience on all facets of the employee-employer relationship
- Supervisory and management skills with the ability to oversee projects delegated to in-house legal staff and outside counsel
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively provide strategic, business-focused advice and counsel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with shifting priorities
- Familiarity with Serengeti Tracker and database management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work independently and drive matters to swift, favorable outcomes
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.