RPT is seeking an experienced real estate counsel to join our legal team in New York. The ideal candidate should have at least six years of experience working in real estate and demonstrate a detailed understanding of regulatory oversight and each aspect of the industry including capital markets, transactions, leasing, development and asset management. The role is best suited for a candidate who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, has a positive attitude, and is comfortable working in an open office format. The candidate must have a proven track record of success, performance and responsibility, and be inspired by the opportunities associated with a growing company. He/she must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be admitted to New York bar.
RPT Realty is a publicly-traded REIT that owns and operates a national portfolio of open-air shopping destinations principally located in top U.S. markets. Led by an experienced and cycle-tested executive team, we have redefined the retail experience by delivering a product that matches the lifestyles of our diverse neighborhoods with the modern expectations of our retail partners.
- Negotiate, draft and review inline and big box development leases, ground leases, subleases, lease amendments, termination agreements, letters of intent, easement agreements, access agreements, estoppels and other ancillary leasing documents.
- Review and analyze operative documents impacting the Shopping Centers in the portfolio, including restrictive covenants and REAs.
- Work with tenants to resolve disagreements and disputes.
- Conduct due diligence as necessary by reviewing underlying leases.
- Assist in negotiating purchase agreements and ancillary documents for acquisitions, dispositions and joint venture agreements.
- Provide legal advice to internal company clients.
- Manage and advise outside counsel.
- A J.D. from an accredited law school
- A minimum of 6 years of leasing and commercial real estate experience with a law firm or company (retail and landlord side experience is a plus)
- Ability to work both independently and in group environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment