About the role
Symetra is looking for an Insurance Regulatory Counsel to support our insurance regulatory practice.
What you will do
You will provide expertise on legal issues relating primarily to insurance regulation associated with our investment portfolio and practices, finance, investment accounting, banking and custodial matters, insurance holding company reporting, and insurance company corporate governance. You will be responsible for monitoring legal developments in these areas and providing analysis and advice to affected business units.
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, were building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives and removing barriers.
We embrace and celebrate diverse experiences, identities and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and creates a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
What we offer you
We dont take a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life betterboth at work and at home.
- Flexible work program and telecommute arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overvie opens a pdf filew
Your education, experience and skills
- Law degree from accredited university and current license to practice law
- 5-7 years practicing in the insurance industry, insurance regulation field, and/or advising insurance company clients
- Knowledge of insurance company investment, financial and governance regulation
- Knowledge of investment adviser, banking, and/or commercial real estate law and operations a plus
- Familiarity with insurance products, including separate account products, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple short-term tasks and projects effectively under pressure
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong project management skills
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we’re guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they’re getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what’s right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
Learn more about our careers at www.symetra.com/careers.