This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut-off date for referral is 26 August 2020 after this date additional referral lists will be created as vacancies are available. If you are referred and not selected or receive a letter indicating you were ineligible because of missing documents you must complete a new application package for this vacancy to receive further consideration.
Learn more about this agency
- This position leads and facilitates ATEC's test and evaluation efforts for systems within the Effectiveness Directorates of AEC by performing duties as a Test Manager, Safety Evaluator, Performance Evaluator, and/or AST Chair.
- Responsible for integrating all ATEC Test and Evaluation activities and synchronizing all AST products and coordinating with AST members for all formal products and briefings.
- Performs a broad range of analyses for assigned weapon systems to include contract management.
- Responsible for development of test execution (planning through data delivery); develops and presents input for all Test and Evaluation planning documents, participates in all meetings; resolves diverse viewpoints/controversial issues.
25% or less – You may be expected travel up to 25% for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field Test and Evaluation (T) within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Lifting Requirement of 50 lbs.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Basic Education Requirement for Engineering-0801
A. Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics
B. Combination of education and experience — college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: 1. Professional registration or licensure — Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT)1, or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test — Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) 2 examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.3.
Specified academic courses — Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A.4.
Related curriculum — Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related curricula are not all-inclusive.)
Basic Education Requirement for Operations Research Analyst- 1515
A. I have a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in operations research.
B. I have a bachelor's degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
Basic Requirement for Physical Scientist 1301:
A. Bachelor's degree (or higher) in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
B. A combination of education and experience — education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education
Basic Requirements for Biologist 0401:
1.Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2.Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to meeting ONE of the Basic Requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: 1) Working with teams to develop plans.; 2) Analyzing data and presenting results in reports.; 3) Managing programs for cost, schedule, and performance. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02/GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience and specialized experience–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
In addition to the Basic Requirement, there is an education requirement for DAWIA Certification in Test and Evaluation (Level III) which includes:
Baccalaureate degree or higher (any field of study)
A total of 24 semester hours or equivalent in technical or scientific courses such as mathematics (e.g., calculus, probability, statistics), physical sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology, physics), psychology, operations research/systems analysis, engineering, computer science, and information technology.
In addition to the Education and Specialized experience requirement, there is an education requirement for membership in the Acquisition Corps which includes:
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution and ONE of the following:
24 semester credit hours from among the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.
24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above. Credit hours within the person's career field may also satisfy the requirement for part or all of the 12 credit hours in the disciplines listed above. The same hours may be used to meet both requirements.
24 semester credit hours in the person's career field and training equivalent (American Council on Education recommended credits) to 12 semester credit hours in the disciplines listed above.
The educational requirements outlined under the "Requirements" section must be met and verified. Submit the following documents so a determination can be made.
Acquisition Corps Members – Submit either your Acquisition Corps Membership Certificate; membership letter from the Agency's Director, Acquisition Career Management, Acquisition Career Record Brief (ACRB) or agency ACRB equivalent document.
Non-Acquisition Corps Members – Submit your transcripts. Additional documentation maybe required if you are selected.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http: www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 – Engineers & Scientists (Non-Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- You will be required to undergo a background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history or an adverse credit history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position cover by DAWIA (Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act). Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Test & Evaluation (T) within 24 months of entrance on duty." (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http: icatalog.dau.mil/onlinecatalog/CareerLvl.aspx.) (This correlates to Career Category in the acquisition data in Gatekeeper.
- Because of the partnership with Corvias Military Housing, Department of Army civilian employees now have an option to rent family housing and enjoy the benefits of living on-post at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. There are various floor plans available. Selection is on a first-come first-served basis. If you are interested in this housing option, please contact the Corvias Military Housing Leasing and Relocation Center at 877-276-6659.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External) .
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume .
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.