LG – Legal, Regulatory & Gov’t Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We’re looking for an experienced attorney to join the Branding & Sourcing Legal Group as Assistant General Counsel. This role is for a contracts negotiator and subject matter expert on legal issues related to marketing (with a focus on social media) and professional services for a variety of US-based and international AIG companies. The Assistant General Counsel will support projects that are time-sensitive, highly visible inside and outside of the company, and key to AIG’s strategic initiatives.
This position reports to the Chief Branding & Sourcing Counsel. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of matters. Specific duties will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts for professional services, corporate sponsorships, marketing agencies, research and development, and more.
- Working closely with AIG attorneys around the world to address legal, regulatory and compliance issues of all types related to content creation, marketing strategies, contracts, and other matters supported by the group.
- Collaborating with AIG attorneys specializing in intellectual property, cybersecurity, IT transactions, and insurance law to provide seamless, high-quality service to our clients.
- Drafting memoranda and advisory opinions; reviewing and advising on legal issues related to contracts, branding, and web-based advertising.
- Assisting with the implementation of AIG policies and guidelines associated with purchasing of goods and services, data and content usage, intellectual property, records management, and uses of social media.
- Juris Doctor; U.S. state bar admission (NY preferable); 5-10 years of legal experience with a law firm and/or in-house counsel.
- Demonstrated experience leading deals and closing large, sensitive contracts within aggressive timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing multiple types of content for legal issues specific to financial services or other regulated industries.
- Solid understanding of the current state of online marketing and a practical approach to ensuring compliance with applicable laws and company standards.
- Familiarity with US and international intellectual property law, and with US and international privacy laws including GDPR, Gramm-Leach-Bliley and HIPAA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and internal clients across a global organization as well as independently (including remotely).
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.