Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
We are currently seeking a senior attorney to join our Global Corporate Affairs group. Global Corporate Affairs is a group-wide resource based in New York that manages a broad range of corporate, securities and transactional matters associated with, among other things, global M&A, our public listing on the NYSE, corporate finance, investments, intellectual property and SEC matters. We work with all corporate governance Chubb divisions, in the U.S. and abroad, and leverages the insurance expertise of Chubb attorney colleagues in our regions and business lines. Global Corporate Affairs also serves as legal advisor to the Board of Directors of our ultimate parent company, Chubb Limited, and to significant internal clients (such as Asset Management, Corporate Development, Finance, Treasury and Communications).
Based in our New York City office, the attorney will assume a leadership role and will be responsible for working with the Deputy General Counsel – Global Corporate Affairs and other team members on a variety of Group-wide corporate affairs activities, with particular emphasis on finance, M&A and other strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at a senior lawyer level yet have the flexibility and substantive knowledge to jump from oversight of complex legal issues to “roll up the sleeves” projects. The attorney must have the confidence, experience base, and communication skills to inspire confidence and gain trust of senior executives around the world.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience as an attorney with an established law firm and/or corporate legal department.
- Substantial experience with relevant corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, investments and financings.
- Cross-border, transactional experience strongly preferred.
- Confidence and experience with international matters generally, including cultural aspects of global business.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. securities law and corporate governance.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Expertise in corporate finance and investment transactions preferred.
- Comfort dealing with senior management.
- Ability to manage people and transactions and collaborate with business clients and colleagues in team problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Potential travel (occasional)
- J.D. degree and admittance to the Bar of the State of New York.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sound like the right job for you? For consideration, please apply below. If you’d like additional information about Chubb, please visit our website at www.chubb.com., we also welcome inquires via email to the SVP, Talent Acquisition, Christopher.didomiziochubb.com.