What We Do:
Temenos AG (SIX:TEMN), headquartered in Geneva, is the world’s leader in banking software,partnering with banks and other financial institutions to transform their businesses and stay ahead of a changing marketplace. Over 3,000 firms across the globe, including 41 of the top 50 banks, rely on Temenos to process the daily transactions of more than 500 million banking customers. Temenos customers are proven to be more profitable than their peers: over a seven-year period, they enjoyed on average a 31% higher return on assets, a 36% higher return on equity and an 8.6 percentage point lower cost/income ratio than banks running legacy applications. For more information, please visit www.temenos.com.
What We Need:
We are looking for a mid-level (i.e., 4-8 years out of law school) in-house counsel to draft and negotiate: (i) software license and services agreements; (ii) cloud services/hosting agreements for both private cloud and public cloud delivery models; (iii) interface integration agreements; and (iv) inbound vendor agreements. The in-house counsel also
will advise operational and sales teams regarding a multitude of issues arising in the contract negotiation process, including most notably data security issues and risk management. The in-house counsel will report to the SVP – Legal and will provide other legal support as needed, including supporting human resources, marketing, IT and due diligence in connection with acquisitions.
What You’ll Need:
- Law Degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as an attorney working in technology transactions for a law firm or in-house with a software company.
- Significant exposure to the legal framework governing data security in the United States, including Gramm Leach Bliley and state data breach notification laws. Familiarity with the General Data Protection Regulation would be a substantial plus.
- Experience working on revenue-generating software contracts and overseeing deals from inception to close while managing risk and aiding the sales team in moving
- Strong contract drafting experience with an emphasis on active voice contract drafting.
- Insatiable curiosity for learning the details of the business and the product offerings.
- Commitment to finding pragmatic solutions in closing software deals while respecting red lines set by the organization.
- Strong, but tactful communicator who knows how to articulate boundaries with customers while simultaneously finding solutions.
- Strong devotion to client service with a proactive style.
- Outstanding cross-functional collaboration, communication, and relationship-building skills·
- Adept at quickly building rapport and becoming a trusted adviser with numerous internal stakeholders.·
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment for a multi-national company or multi-national clients would be a plus.
- Excellent command of MS Office suite.
Temenos is an equal opportunity employer