Salesforce’s Procurement Legal Team delivers innovative, trusted and world-class legal services to advance and protect Salesforce’s interests while creating a fulfilling work environment for our Legal family. Procurement Legal supports key initiatives and business requirements for Salesforce, including the purchase of a wide array of products and services, the pursuit of ecologically-friendly practices, and the management of compliance requirements across suppliers. The team’s primary internal client is Salesforce’s Global Strategic Sourcing group, which leverages Salesforce’s consolidated purchasing power to achieve the best possible pricing and contractual terms with suppliers.
This Corporate Counsel will be a member of Procurement Legal’s growing Technology Transactions team and will be responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating procurement agreements with a focus on Salesforce’s dynamic inbound technology practice.
- Negotiate and draft Salesforce supplier cloud, software, hardware, data aggregator and digital advertising agreements.
- Partner internally within the Salesforce Legal & Corporate Affairs Department to ensure that privacy, intellectual property and compliance provisions are consistent with Salesforce’s best practices and positions.
- Partner with Global Strategic Sourcing, accounting, technology infrastructure, security, and other stakeholder teams to ensure that agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Design and implement process improvements, including creation and updates of legal templates and playbooks.
- Undergraduate degree and a law degree.
- 5-10 years combined experience in law firm or in-house legal department including experience negotiating and drafting technology, cloud, professional services, and software agreements.
- Significant expertise in negotiating and drafting hardware purchasing transactions.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, technical concepts.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Substantial experience in supporting procurement departments as an internal client.
- Flexibility, resilience and a desire to learn and grow.
- A sense of fun and humor.