The primary purpose of this position is to to provide complete legal services that will facilitate the successful execution of its acquisitions to include defending bid protests, contract disputes and other contract claims litigation that has been filed against the agency.
- Conduct legal research on difficult legal or factual questions in connection to bid protest, contract dispute litigation and fact-finding issues related to government contracting and fiscal law.
- Discuss case strategy and presentation, line of approach, possible lines of opposition to be encountered and other aspects of the case to ensure that the proper groundwork has been laid and optimum litigation strategy selected.
- Prepare required memoranda of fact and law and other critical litigation pleadings and other, non-litigation-related documents. Draft settlement agreements and proposals.
- Execute legal analysis relevant to the procurement mission. Keep apprised and researches changes in federal procurement statute, regulation, executive branch policy and case precedent.
- Represent and argue the agency?s position in negotiations, meetings, written and oral proceedings before administrative tribunals and courts and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.