We are looking to add a top-notch, experienced Senior Commercial Counsel to support our enterprise SaaS sales team. The role offers an excellent opportunity to make a tremendous, direct impact on the success of ThousandEyes’s aggressive growth objectives as a disruptor in a high multi-billion dollar addressable market and as a pre-IPO Company.
You are an exceptional contract negotiator—ideally someone who loves working with enterprise sales teams and customers. You pragmatically analyze legal risk, pay attention to the details, and creatively overcome obstacles. When it comes to drafting and communication, you are able to take complex issues and simplify them down to plain English. You have a passion for technology, and being conscientious, organized, and responsive are three of your key attributes. You naturally assume a transaction leadership role during a critically important stage of the enterprise sales cycle and your energy and natural sense of urgency drive progress and accelerate deal closure. You like to have fun and bring a sense of humor to a work place full of positive energy and great people. This role reports to ThousandEyes’s Head of Legal, located in San Francisco, California. The candidate may be located in San Francisco, but we are also open to candidates in London, Dublin, Austin, and other parts of the US if the candidate can show a proven capacity to operate as a high-performer while working remotely.
- Analyze, draft, and negotiate all types of SaaS related commercial agreements
- Support the needs of our global sales and alliances teams to manage the contracting process and drive deals to closure
- Advise stakeholders regarding relevant issues and risks, and ensure our agreements reflect our business needs and those of our customers
- Partner closely with other cross-functional teams to provide contracting expertise and sound advice while also ensuring consistency in our approach to risk and compliance
- Contribute to the formulation of playbook positions, the continuous improvement of department processes and templates, and gain exposure to a range of commercial and corporate legal matters through other legal team assignments
- JD from a top law school and member of the Bar (California preferred)
- 7-10 years of experience working at a law firm counseling high-growth technology companies and/or in-house at a technology company
- At least 2 years of experience drafting and negotiating enterprise SaaS agreements
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess risks quickly and to communicate those risks to business partners in plain English
- Track record of taking initiative, working independently, handling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and being comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Great communicator that is comfortable working with multiple teams to solve problems
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented with a passion for closing deals while protecting ThousandEyes’ values and interests
- Experience navigating data privacy issues in a commercial context a strong plus