Seeking an experienced commercial real estate attorney for the position of SR Attorney, Legal Leasing to be part of the Legal Leasing team
The Sr. Attorney , Legal Leasing, position calls for a seasoned professional who takes a thoughtful and solutions-oriented approach to issues within the framework of the business directives of the company, The goal is to reach a beneficial resolution to the completion of lease negotiation and drafting and related matters in a timely manner.
This position entails a combination of
- Prepare and Negotiate leases, ancillary documents and other documentation from inception thru Execution
- Research prior tenant leases and/or existing tenant templates. Identify opportunities to enhance
- Utilize the internal online resources to identify key items regarding specific centers;
- Identify items of global value and present such information to assigned Director for dissemination throughout the department;
- Provide thoughtful business minded counsel/guidance to Leasing regarding the economic impact of conforming issues and tenant requests, and identify and clarify economic terms and general business issues;
- Review tenant comments and provide counsel/guidance to Leasing concernin the legal and business issues raised by such comments;
- Prepare timely and accurate entries into the online system regarding issues to be addressed, noting those items requiring further approval.
- Perform timely follow-up with Tenants & Leasing Agents to ensure proper urgency and status is involved
- Manage Research and Analysis projects:
- Analyze leases and related documents, verifying the terms set forth therein and prepare a summary of such analysis which provides direction/recommendation with regard to the stated purpose(s) of the research project;
- Review leases and related documents to make sure the document and SSLE accurately reflect the business terms negotiated, and
- Research and interpret lease language as requested by various departments, including but not limited to Leasing, Lease Accounting, Collections and Mall Management.
Qualifications for the position:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed and in good-standing to practice law within at least one State in the United States.
- Minimum of 5 years internal/external experience in advising clients with regard to complex commercial real estate matters including development/construction matters, retail and restaurant leases within a shopping center environment. .
- Superior organizational/time management skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.