The Corporate Counsel is responsible for assisting in a variety of legal matters throughout the organization. The role requires a general business counselor who can perform in a fast-moving environment and provide legal counsel across multiple business segments and geographies.
- Law degree (JD) from an ABA-accredited US law school.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public.
- Ability to work in an environment of dynamic growth and continuous improvement.
- Ability to use a computer and business related software.
- Ability to manage numerous projects at once, remain organized and prioritize workload.
- Ability to be mobile in the work environment, and travel as required.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Self-starter, action-oriented and decisive.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Good interpersonal skills and exceptional communicator.
- A team player that supports the Company’s goals.
- Understands, embraces and promotes Company culture.
- Draft, negotiate and provide counsel with respect to business contracts and business transactions.
- Help manage litigation matters.
- Ensure that all company operations conform to company policy and federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Assist with employment and human-resources related matters.
- Assist in the completion of real estate purchase and sale transactions.
- Research substantive law and prepare various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.