Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees improve their lives by improving their finances.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Bostons Seaport District under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
Were growing fast in the US market with our recent $32.8 million Series C funding, backed by existing investors Blenheim Chalcot and Legal & General. In early 2020, we announced the acquisition of our largest competitor in the UK, Neyber, which brought in two additional strong financial backers, in Goldman Sachs and Police Mutual (employing the UKs police force), a key partner and long-time investor in Neybers business. We were named as a 2020 honoree by Inc. Magazine for their Best Workplaces in the US, included in KPMGs Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and more.
Were looking for an exceptional, collaborative, business-minded Corporate Counsel to join our growing US Legal team. Reporting to the VP, Legal, you will provide proactive legal support in addressing a broad range of corporate and regulatory matters, including drafting and reviewing agreements for the US business and providing regulatory guidance on Salary Finance products and services.
WHO YOU ARE:
We embrace our differences, but there’s one thing that we like to share, our values, so its important to us that you are:
- FEARLESS, and able to make the impossible possible.
- RESPONSIBLE, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- DEDICATED, and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- EMPATHETIC, and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- UNITED, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- HUMBLE, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have real enthusiasm to work in a startup – you flourish in a fast-paced environment that requires effectively managing multiple tasks simultaneously – and want to work with a small team where everyone makes a difference.
- You are admitted to the Massachusetts state bar or have the ability to practice in-house in Massachusetts.
- You have 5+ years of corporate and/or regulatory experience.
- You have experience analyzing complex regulations and communicating relevant issues and risks to cross-functional stakeholders.
- You have meticulous attention to detail and process.
- You have the ability to foster teamwork and build collaborative relationships across business units.
AWESOME IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with consumer lending and a high degree of knowledge of lending rules and regulations.
- Experience advising on products and services subject to 50 state regulatory environment and responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Experience advising on privacy and information security matters.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Stay current on regulatory developments in fintech and lending and advise management on relevant risks, opportunities, and operational readiness.
- Review, draft (from template and from scratch), and negotiate a range of commercial agreements.
- Provide ongoing legal advice and support to cross-functional teams, including working with Product, Compliance, and Marketing teams to ensure existing and future products and marketing are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop, implement, and continuously improve templates, policies, and procedures as the company grows.
- Partner with the Compliance team to track changes to applicable laws and regulations and assist in management of compliance reviews and examinations.
- Support all US Legal initiatives, including diverse and complex legal issues that require excellent judgment, flexibility, and critical thinking with a practical and business-friendly approach.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Fast-growing environment with lots of opportunity for career development
- Health (85%), vision (75%) and dental premiums (75%) paid by Salary Finance for employees and their dependents
- Additional benefits including 401(k), disability insurance, paid Parental Leave, 20 personal days and 5 sick days with an extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
- Regular company socials
- Flexible Work from Home policy
Were looking for people that want to make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing peoples lives for the better, then wed love to hear from you.
Learn more about us at salaryfinance.com.
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.