Who We Are
Authentic Brands Group (ABG) is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and lifestyle brands. ABG elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 50 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. We are committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. We create and activate original marketing strategies to drive the success of our brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media.
Youll be able to access the resources and scale, while leveraging innovative technology and nimble environment. What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to drive ideas into action and own your career, lets chat. Our team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future of our brands. With the help of some of the brightest minds in retail, marketing, licensing, legal and more, we are building the intersection of digital and experiential marketing to help achieve that mission. We reimagine, evolve and transform brands!
What Youll Do
Youll be responsible for a full range of attorney functions, with a focus on trademark portfolio management, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement.
What Youll Be Working On
- Handle all steps of civil enforcement of the companys intellectual property from initial investigation to drafting cease and desist letters, co-existence and settlement agreements.
- Document Support: assist in gathering/preparing documents and information for litigation, policing letters, takedown notices, etc.
- Trademark Portfolio Management: conduct online searches and other investigations and works with business teams to research use and file registrations; oversee deadlines and coordinate with outside counsel in various countries to collect and submit documents, as necessary; prepare and file United States trademark and copyright documents and manage execution and legalization of documents; manage all deadlines for a global trademark portfolio, including application, opposition and enforcement; advise on legal issues concerning intellectual property, including copyright law, fair use and the companys branding and advertising strategies.
- Diligence: conduct database searches and prepare documentation for assignments of various IP. Once acquired, prepare budget related to assignments and administer assignment process, including preparing and filing various assignment documents.
- Work with outside counsel to manage a small patent portfolio.
- Assist in preparing weekly and annual budgets and as needed, status reports and other trademark related reports including presentations and spreadsheets, as needed.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining the companys internal trademark files, including docketing.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare correspondence for consideration of in-house/outside counsel.
- Two years of of law firm and/or in-house experience focused on trademark management
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school, and a valid license to practice law in New York State
- Proven ability to accept and action instructions concerning both specific assignments and general policies
- Demonstrative track record of ownership and accountability for projects, duties, and tasks
- Proficiency with M.S. Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Mac, and Internet research
- Organizing workflow and deadlines (including advising on priority and project management)
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, adaptable, flexible, organized, discreet and cost-conscious problem solver who can remain calm and work under pressure
- Experience in the Retail, Entertainment, and/or Apparel Industries