This position is located in the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership, and subject matter expertise, in planning and executing information technology management work in the areas of Enterprise Architecture (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Azure), Cybersecurity compliance and risk mitigation, Policy Planning and Project Management.
Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK SERVICES) GS-2210-14, your typical work assignments may include:
- Reviewing existing operational processes and techniques, identifying deficiencies, and proposing solutions for any problems found, performing cost/benefit tradeoffs for those solutions, and developing transition plans to implement the solutions.
- Coordinating and providing oversight to government and contractor network personnel to resolve complex problems and operating malfunctions involving various hardware components and network operating software failures.
- Orally presenting findings and recommendations, to justify, present, and defend policy positions, and to represent the work in policy defining meetings.
- Performing assessments to proactively assess NLRB's evolving business needs and developing short-term and long-term growth plans to assure that the organization's future networking needs are met in a reliable, secure and cost-effective manner.
- Planning the work to be accomplished by the unit, assigning work to employees, and establishing production or quality standards for the unit's work; conducting formal performance reviews; and identifying and providing for the developmental and training needs of employees.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- U. S. Citizenship Required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Selectee must pass a background investigation prior to appointment.
- A one-year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- This position is a non- bargaining unit position.
- Submit complete application and resume online by 11:59pm EST on the closing date.
All qualifications and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE STATEMENT
The ideal candidate serves as a subject matter expert for network engineering, architecture, planning, implementation and support; is familiar with the requirements of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal cybersecurity regulations, policies, procedures, and standards; and supervises and manages a diverse highly skilled technical staff.
To qualify for the Supervisory IT Specialist (Network Services), GS-2210-14, you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants must demonstrate on their resume that they have IT related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies listed below.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level performing the following duties:
- Extensive experience utilizing Enterprise Networking Architecture technologies and products (LAN, WAN, WLAN, Azure); and
- Planning and coordination of the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of hardware, enterprise management software and related enterprise-level changes; and
- Performing capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability assessments; and
- Planning advanced system projects or resolving critical problems in existing systems which require innovative solutions; and
- Cybersecurity compliance and risk mitigation for an enterprise network.
This experience must be fully supported and articulated in your resume to receive consideration.
All current and former Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year of experience at the next lower grade level (GS-13) or equivalent grade level of the federal service is required to qualify for this position. (NOTE: All current or former Federal employees must provide a copy of their SF-50 "Notice of Personnel Action" that indicates proof of status and time-in-grade eligibility. The SF-50 must include your position, title, series, grade, step, tenure (1 or 2), and type of service (Competitive or Excepted).
NOTE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
SUPPLEMENTARY VACANCIES: Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The National Labor Relations Board is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, handicap, age, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Applicants with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Agency's Selective Placement Coordinator by email here . NLRB offers a wide array of reasonable accommodations and programs for individuals with disabilities. (Note: for additional information for job seekers with disabilities, please click on the following website here .
PLACEMENT POLICY: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
WORK SCHEDULE: NLRB supports the use of flexible work schedules as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that your scores do not reflect that you meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position, you will lose consideration for this position.
You will be further evaluated on the following Competencies required for the position:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Managing Human Resources
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
Credentialing , Suitability/Fitness
In addition to your responses to the assessment questionnaire, you must submit the following additional documents specific for this vacancy:
Others (if applicable):
- Veterans – DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- Disabled Veterans – DD-214, SF-15, and proof of disability, Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later
- Certain Military Spouses – Copy of service member's PCS order authorizing the spouse to accompany the service member AND Proof of marriage to the service member; OR Proof the service member was released or discharged from active duty due to a service connected disability AND documentation of the service member's 100% disability AND proof of marriage to the service member; OR Proof the service member's death while on active duty AND proof of marriage to the service member.
- Disability Schedule A – Disability Letter
- Family Member Preference (Derived Preference)
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) (Please note: To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. CTAP and ICTAP eligible applicants must submit documentation as proof to be considered.)
- Former Peace Corps or VISTA Volunteers
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position. Please review your application prior to final submission and ensure you have submitted all appropriate documents. Uploading documents to USAJobs does NOT ensure inclusion with your application to our system. You must verify that the documents are in the system with your application prior to final submission.