s an IT Project Manager, you will serve as a Cloud Platform Specialist for information technology (IT) projects.
Location of position: Office of GSA IT, Office of Corporate IT Services (IC) , Enterprise Platform Solutions Division, Application Development and Solutions Branch (ICPA), Washington DC
IC focuses on the delivery of innovative IT platforms, services, and solutions for the GSA IT enterprise.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
Learn more about this agency
- Providing IT advice to GSA Office to maintain strategic roadmaps to fulfill their business goals.
- Evaluating business process and practices using technology solutions for improvement.
- Working with contractor led development teams using agile software development methodologies to review technical specifics ensuring strategic fit.
- Working with senior management and contractors with planning system projects affecting areas of operations.
- Acting as a liaison between GSA offices to improve agency effectiveness and efficiency.
- Advocating technologies and processes to streamline operations, improve efficiency and capture government savings.
- Staying current with developments of cloud emerging technologies, data and application management and security management to provide advice and solutions for a range of customer needs and demands.
- Applying qualitative and/or quantitative methods to assess and improve program effectiveness and/or complex management processes, projects, and systems.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel maybe required to attend job related training, events, and/or conferences.
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizens and National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
- Register with Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here .
The GS-13 salary range starts at $102,663 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as experience configuring and administering Salesforce.com applications used in enterprise-wide environments; conducting business requirements analysis for CRM systems, and providing technical guidance and oversight of enterprise-wide Platform-as-a-Service applications. Experience must include providing technology advice and consultation to teams, top management, and vendor partners, in the areas of: IT security, agile software development methodologies, software release management, cloud-based application development, and data and application management for the Salesforce platform.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https: www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit Status
Bargaining Unit status: Non Applicable
Relocation Not Paid
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel – May be approved
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
· Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
Concurrent MP Vacancy Announcement
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #21STFB040SLMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here's how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn't support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP) , you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here .
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
Trust determination process
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
If you are claiming veterans' preference:
(a) Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
(b) If you are claiming 10-point preference or derived preference (a spouse, widow or widower, or parent of a deceased or disabled veteran), submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214: (1) completed SF-15 form; and (2) proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
If you are active duty military – Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
If you are ICTAP / CTAP eligible – submit a, b, and c: (a) proof of eligibility including agency notice; (b) SF-50, and (c) most recent performance appraisal.
Current or Former Political Appointees: Submit SF-50.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.