Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether youre looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is seeking a Mountain Resorts Counsel to join our Mountain Resorts Legal team in Broomfield, Colorado. The Mountain Resorts Counsel will provide legal support to the Companys Mountain Division and corporate functions, and help identify and implement legal operations process improvements. The successful candidate will demonstrate sound judgment in complex situations, will be able to handle a wide range of legal questions with practical solutions, communicate confidently and clearly with business clients (including executives and front line employees), manage competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Provide legal advice, counsel and support to the Mountain Division and corporate functions regarding year-round operations in the United States, Canada, and Australia, on a variety of legal issues including contractual, regulatory, and pre-litigation risk;
- Draft, negotiate and review a wide variety of agreements, including leases, real estate purchase and sale agreements, third-party operator agreements, and service agreements;
- Collaborate with guest and employee operations, health and safety personnel, and other company departments to assist in developing and advising on company policies, procedures and best practices, to add value and reduce legal risks to the Company;
- Help identify and implement legal operations process improvements;
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of legal training and self-service tools to various company departments;
- Adhere to and support standards and goals of the Company and the Legal Department; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and JD required.
- Minimum 3 years legal experience, with material training and experience relating to general business advice, and other areas of applicable law.
- Active state bar license. If out of state license, successful applicant will be required to apply for Colorado single-client bar license (or full Colorado bar license).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and use other computer systems and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze problems, identify legal risk, propose solutions, and provide advice that is creative, practical and legally acceptable, taking into account the needs and objectives of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume and variety of legal matters under high pressure conditions and tight deadlines with patience, flexibility and diplomacy.
- Strong prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, using proper grammar and e-mail etiquette, at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated history of being a proactive, a team player with the ability to adapt and work well with a variety of personalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional service to business clients, including being resourceful and responsive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Experience providing in house legal support to operations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and interpreting complex transactions.
- Project management experience.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 276070