InStride is a public benefit company whose mission is to develop the workforce of the future by helping employers provide career-boosting education opportunities to their employees through a network of high-quality academic institutions. We believe the most enduring way for companies to achieve transformative business and social impact is by investing in their people.
Role OverviewInStride is looking for a Legal Counsel who is an intelligent, ambitious, self-starter with a positive attitude and team-oriented mentality. It is important to us that you are mission-driven and align with the InStride culture and values. This is a mighty team of two and will report into the General Counsel. You will be exposed to a wide range of legal issues and opportunities to support our high-growth and fast-paced company. No two days will be the same and that is the fun!
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts, including customer agreements, vendor agreements, service level/support agreements, software license agreements, consultant agreements, marketing agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Take on responsibility managing the entire contracting lifecycle from initial draft to execution, working with business teams to drive contract negotiations to timely and successful completion
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of employment and immigration law
- Develop an understanding of privacy law, particularly legal requirements regarding CCPA, GDPR, and FERPA
- Develop and administer internal processes to assist employees, ensure quick delivery of legal service, and review compliance
- Support the GC and People teams in drafting/reviewing company policies and procedures
- Perform other job-related duties as neededat InStride, we roll up our sleeves!
- You have practiced law for 3-5+ years and are currently a member of the bar (in good standing) in a U.S. jurisdiction, preferably California
- You have a mix of law firm and in-house experience
- You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels with internal and external clients (i.e., you are a great communicator and know how to talk and write like a human, rather than like a lawyer)
- You are a highly motivated, strategic, and detail-oriented individual with the ability to proactively organize a heavy workload with minimal supervision
- You have excellent business judgment and can provide practical advice
- You can be flexible and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are a team player
- You have experience reviewing and drafting contracts
If you are looking to apply for one of our Remote opportunities please know that InStride is only able to employ candidates from the following states.