Who Are We?
Spring EQ was founded to help homeowners unlock the value of their home by providing visibility to its worth and provide quick access to that equity. Our foundation expanded to include direct mortgage lending in 2019 as interest rates reached historic low levels which set off an unprecedented round of refinancing and home buying opportunities for our borrowers. By surrounding ourselves with some of the brightest, hard-working minds in the industry, we constantly improve the loan experience for our customers.
At Spring EQ, we;
- Strive to make every customer interaction a great one
- Recognize behind every loan is a person or family trusting us to handle what may be a once-in-a-lifetime transaction
- Work hard and have fun to get the job done
- Interact on a first name basis and recognize each team member’s unique value
- Encourage ways for our team members to learn, develop, diversify, and grow with Spring EQ
- Promote our team members so they can share their knowledge with others
- Innovate, innovate, innovate
- Create and embrace the latest technology
- Simplify constantly, challenging every process we use to better accomplish our goals
- Build upon a strong company culture and foster an environment of togetherness, support, and accountability
Spring EQ is seeking an Associate Counsel – Compliance to join our growing Legal team.
- Identify, interpret, and apply regulatory requirements for mortgage lending and servicing operations
- Render advice to business leaders on federal and state laws and regulations governing consumer protection, licensing, privacy, cybersecurity, residential real estate, and general corporate matters
- Represent Spring EQ in external audits
- Draft and enhance policies, procedures, and training in support of legal, compliance and risk programs
- Maintain expertise on statutes, regulations, regulatory bulletins, court rulings, and enforcement activity relating to consumer protection, mortgage, and real estate, and apply expertise to strategic initiatives and business operations
- Support transactions governing the purchase and sale of mortgage loans and servicing rights
- Assist the Legal, Compliance and Risk functions on other assigned projects
- Minimum 3-6 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or a financial institutions legal department
- Experience representing mortgage lenders or servicers in legal and compliance matters
- Excellent judgment, communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic credentials
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- License to practice law and in good standing in at least one state
- Time is money At Spring EQ we recognize the importance of working with a sense of urgency. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Spring EQ values integrity we are looking for candidates who recognize the importance of respect, honesty and fairness, and demonstrate these things in their everyday lives
Spring EQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.