D.R. Horton, Inc. – “America’s Builder” – Associate Counsel, Florida and Mid-Atlantic Region
D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI), the nation’s largest homebuilder and a Fortune 250 firm, seeks an experienced real estate attorney to assist Region General Counsel in the drafting, negotiation, and closing of complex land/lot transactions throughout its fast-growing Florida and Mid-Atlantic Regions. This position is based in our regional office in Tampa, Florida.
Responsibilities will include supervision of real estate matters, including review of purchase and sale agreements, financing/security documents, title and survey, as well as miscellaneous corporate issues.
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly-regarded legal department, working closely with senior management in the growing homebuilding sector. Interest is high, and we expect to begin interviews quickly, so please do not hesitate to apply.
Excellent compensation/benefits available, including comprehensive health/dental/life/disability insurance coverage, 401(k) with a company match, discounted stock purchase, home purchase discounts, and much more, along with bonus and stock option potential based on performance.
1. Juris Doctorate from a regionally-accredited law school.
2. Must be licensed to practice in Florida, or if licensed in another state, must be able to obtain admission to practice in Florida within one year of hire.
3. Substantial or progressive legal experience practicing law and supervising legal professionals for approximately 5 to 10 years, with heavy emphasis on complex real estate transactions (including the drafting, review and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, financing/security documents, and title and survey review). (Strong candidates with less than 5 years’ experience will be considered.)
4. A team player who has the ability to interact with people at all levels of the company, and independently handle the miscellaneous issues that arise in a public homebuilding business.
5. Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Tampa, FL area.
1. Strong academics. Law review preferred.
2. Major law firm experience.
3. Significant experience representing homebuilders or similar real estate developers.
4. Experience handling real estate transactions in some or all of the following states: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
5. In-house counsel experience.
6. Willingness to travel (approx. once per quarter)
TO APPLY: Please visit https: drhorton.taleo.net/car…