This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This position is with The Chemical Biological Center (CBC). This position is a Renewable TERM not-to-exceed six year's position.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Program Manager (Liaison Officer) Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN)/Chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) for the Army Futures Command (AFC) NCR Directorate.
- As Liaison, provides responsive interdisciplinary and advanced capability knowledge involving CBRN and CWMD efforts.
- Supports Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) activities to plan, coordinate, integrate, synchronize, and execute across the full range of CBRN Defense and CWMD support requirements.
- Provides input and recommendations to requirements and conformance with overall policy and mission requirements.
- Competencies include a comprehensive knowledge of DoD acquisition policies, regulations, precedents, and planning and programming regulations, guidelines, and processes.
- Skilled in analytical and evaluative methods for the assessment and improvement of program planning and evaluation, to include knowledge of the CBC mission and CWMD/CBRND capabilities.
- Effectively manage programs, to devise methodologies and techniques, and to identify and propose solutions to management problems associated with broad and difficult issues that are unprecedented.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- One year trial period for TERM employment may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Incumbent is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450 upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 17-Nov-2011.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- This position is covered by the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program. The incumbent must pass urinalysis testing, as required prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Serving as a liaison to external organizational stakeholders to provide advice on decisions or interpret directives, related to the Chemical and Biological defense program enterprise, and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) programs; and 2) Formulate strategic program plans for the preparation of long and short range goals consistent with Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN)/Chemical Defense and Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) capabilities; and 3) Evaluating technical content of programs to ensure modernization priorities and objectives are met in the most efficient and cost effective manner and are consistent with the organization's mission; and 4) Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of acquisition policies, regulations, precedents, and planning and programming regulations, guidelines, and processes for program planning and evaluation. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13 or above).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 26 – position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- This position is a TERM not-to-exceed six year's position.
RENEWABLE TERM: This position may be extended, without limit, in up to six year increments. This appointment is designated as a ''status'' appointment for the purpose of eligibility for positions in the Federal service in accordance with section 1109(b)(1)(B) of NDAA for FY 2016. Position may be non-competitively converted to career conditional appointment at a later date.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External) .
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume .
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.