The General Counsel will lead RoundPoint Mortgage Servicings legal department, reporting directly to the President of the Servicing Corporation.
The General Counsel reports directly to the President of RoundPoint and is the primary legal advisor to the executive leadership of the Corporation. The General Counsel serves as a member of the executive team and routinely represents the Corporation with outside parties such as clients, auditors, regulators and investors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Act as primary legal advisor to the executive leadership of RoundPoint
- Supervise other members of legal department
- Directly oversee outside law firms engaged to represent RoundPoint in various matters
- Review and draft internal policies and procedures
- Support RoundPoint through the timely review and preparation of contracts and related legal documentation, which includes purchase and sale agreements, financing facilities, and mortgage servicing contracts
- Review documentation regarding RoundPoints relationships with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae
- Advise the executive team of legal and business risks related to contracts
- Manage claims and litigation filed against RoundPoint
- Support compliance by developing legal assessments, interpretations, recommendations, and opinions on laws, policies and regulatory issues
- Resolve mortgage servicing issues raised by customers, agencies and regulators
- Track status of litigation and outside billings
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoints commitment to compliance
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school with strong academic credentials preferred
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in a law firm or a mortgage lender or servicer analyzing and advising on legal issues that include:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act and other federal and state privacy information security and insurance laws
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
- Laws and regulations relating to mortgage origination and servicing
- Litigation management experience in a mortgage originations and/or servicing company
- General familiarity with debt facility agreements
- Experience with the UCC
- Knowledge of the guidelines of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing staff of attorneys, paralegals and office personnel
- High personal integrity and ethics
- Admitted to practice law in the State of North Carolina, Florida, and/or Texas or eligible for such admission
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.