Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!Together, we can help customers eliminate manual data work and focus on the valuable, cerebral work they enjoy! Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
Were seeking a junior law firm associate with a strong background in technology transactionsespecially FinTech–to join our growing legal team. This role will focus on agreements with our customers, working with our sales and solutions teams to document our new and renewed relationships. In addition to working with the business side, youll work closely with Finance, Compliance, Operations, HR and others. This is an exciting opportunity to help build out the legal function at a rapidly growing tech company.
What you’ll be doing
- Partnering closely with our Revenue team (Sales and Solutions) to structure and negotiate new business deals
- Drafting and reviewing master service agreements, order forms, statements of work and similar documents and other technology transactions with financial institutions, fintechs, and technology and data companies
- Deliver pragmatic, business-oriented advice across internal functions.
- Support the ongoing enhancement of company-wide compliance infrastructure
- Spearhead the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and processes
- Supervising outside counsel from time to time
Who we’re looking for
- J.D. from a top law school with admission to a state bar
- 3-5 years of experience as a transactional lawyer, including at least 2.5 years as a technology transactions lawyer at a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including SaaS and technology distribution agreements
- Some experience advising on basic data privacy and intellectual property matters
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Team player, ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently
- In-house secondment or experience
- Experience working with financial institution client
- Involvement in D&I initiatives at current or recent employer
Our employees are incredible individuals – thats the only kind we hire – and were committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and gym reimbursement for physical well-being. Were growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloittes Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as its taking off, now is your chance!