WellSky is seeking a top-notch individual with solid corporate and business related, legal experience. Experience negotiating and drafting sophisticated licensing agreements and commercial contracts in a sales environment is critical. Healthcare related experience is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to work in a challenging legal department in the rapidly expanding health and community software industry! In this role, you will be responsible for providing general corporate counsel on a number of issues including human resources and drafting, preparing and negotiating complex software licensing, distributor, OEM, and reseller agreements. You may also have an opportunity to participate in compliance, intellectual property and other legal matters depending on your experience and interests.
Who are we?
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. WellSky is leading the movement for smarter, whole-person care with a visionary approach that addresses individuals unique health and social circumstances.
A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 client sites around the world including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize cares potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit WellSky.com.
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Great benefits and new Health Savings Account with generous employer contribution
- A casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence.
What do you need to apply?
- JD degree from an accredited U.S. Law School.
- 4+ years of experience as an attorney
- Prior work experience at a law firm with at least 2 years experience drafting contracts and license agreements. Prior software company or corporate attorney experience is strongly preferred
- Licensed to practice law in Kansas
- Knowledge of health care law and compliance matters is strongly preferred
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently without a lot of supervision
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.