We disrupted the shaving industry in 2011 by delivering “F*cking Great Blades” at an awesome price, right to your door. From razors, we quickly grew into a mens self care brand offering oral care, hair styling, deodorant, skincare, and fine fragrance along with services and content designed to help guys take care of their minds and bodies so they can be their best selves.
We spend our days working to eliminate the stigma around being a man and wanting to take care of yourself. In turn, we hope that you will come to us in your most vulnerable moments. Here, you will find answers to your questions, from Club Pros who know what it takes to make you look, feel, and smell your best. You got a problem? Weve got a solution. Welcome to the Club.
This position will provide timely, high quality legal support to our business partners. We are looking for a self-starter who can prioritize multiple projects while exercising sound business judgment and critical thinking. As Corporate Counsel, you will have a broad range of responsibilities in supporting the legal department and advising the company on corporate affairs, commercial transactions, advertising/marketing clearance, data privacy, and other matters.
- Provide advice regarding transactional and corporate matters
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships as a key relationship manager for the corporate legal department among the various internal business groups requiring legal support
- Demonstrate leadership and team-working skills in support of a collaborative environment
- Exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial contracts, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating service and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and supplier agreements, leases, and employment and consulting agreements
- Design, build and improve upon legal department processes and policies to enhance efficiency, including further development and implementation of contract processes and templates
- Advertising / Marketing (pre-existing expertise preferred, but not required)
- Participate in development and review of internal and external communications, including press and advertising/marketing materials, website posts, online campaigns, promotions, and sweepstakes
- Advise internal teams on compliance around sales, marketing, and media campaigns for new products
- Advise on and help maintain intellectual property portfolio
- Data Privacy (pre-existing expertise preferred, but not required)
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws (including state/federal consumer protection and privacy laws, CCPA, GDPR and other global privacy laws)
- Advise cross-functional teams on compliance with law
- JD degree and license to practice and in good standing with at least one state bar, including California
- Minimum of 3-4+ years practicing law in law firm or in-house environment
- Deep experience drafting and negotiating broad range of commercial contracts
- Expertise in variety of general corporate transactional matters.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to quickly and effectively develop specialized subject matter expertise on a variety of topics as needed to best serve the organization and leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical thinking skills, ability to provide clear and concise legal advice to variety of stakeholders
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Strong ability to cooperate and work creatively and collaboratively toward solutions that benefit all parties
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong work ethic
- Ability to handle ambiguity, prioritize, multi-task, and manage multiple cross-functional projects to completion with little direction, and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor