Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be a key contributor working on diverse global matters in the oil and gas industry. The role is a corporate generalist, with expertise preferred in M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance, compliance, contracts and cross-border transactions. Business acumen is highly valued. and regulatory issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wide variety of substantive and challenging transactional work
- Work with internal stakeholders across multiple business units and functional groups to assist with all legal needs
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the company, both domestically and internationally
- Recommend and assist with development of company policy and position on legal issues
- Assist with other corporate legal matters as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Candidates must have a JD degree (or global equivalent) from an accredited law school
- Active bar membership
- 7-9 years of experience in a wide range of legal matters
- Experience with a large law firm and/or in-house corporate legal department preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills