Working under the direction of the General Counsel, this individual will interface regularly with the companys board of directors, CEO, CFO, Chief Legal Officer and other members of the executive leadership team, to provide practical legal advice and counsel and manage, negotiate and execute on a broad range of corporate, securities law, corporate governance and M&A initiatives and the organizations day-to-day operational needs and strategic priorities.
What will you be doing?
- Leading all areas of corporate compliance, including Securities Act and Exchange Act matters.
- Preparing and reviewing SEC filings, including registration statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements, including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitation, and Section 16 reporting, including Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Developing, refining and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and other securities-related regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, NASDAQ listing standards, Regulation FD and insider trading.
- Advising on corporate governance, executive compensation and various other related matters (such as transfer agent and equity plan administration), as well as developing, adopting, managing and refining applicable corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Keeping abreast, and advising on potential impact, of new and proposed securities law and corporate governance developments, market trends and best practices in the markets we operate to ensure continued compliance.
- Supporting the corporate secretarial function, including preparation of notices, agendas and materials for board of directors and committee meetings, including board minutes, resolutions and actions, managing the board and committees calendars, agendas and meeting cadence, and leading preparation for annual meeting of shareholders.
- Advising on ISS, Glass Lewis and other proxy advisory service positions and corporate responses.
- Advising on investor relations matters, including review of and collaboration on earnings announcements, earnings scripts, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications, internal communications and other materials (including preparation of appropriate securities disclosure as necessary).
- Leading the Legal Departments activities on, and manage outside counsel with respect to, all capital markets and other strategic transactions, including M&A and corporate financing transactions and related workstreams.
- Developing and delivering employee trainings on securities law and related matters, such as insider trading and Regulation FD, and M&A and strategic transaction best practices.
- Establishing appropriate policies, processes, and systems in areas of coverage that enable the company to grow and scale effectively.
- Having primary Legal Department responsibility for the Finance Departments day-to-day business needs, including drafting and negotiating a variety of complex commercial agreements on an as-needed basis.
- Providing advice and counsel to business team leaders on all legal matters affecting areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal Department and outside counsel as necessary.
- Building close relationships with personnel at supported business operations and obtaining and maintaining a strong knowledge of the companys products and the objectives of those operations.
- Leading or assisting the Legal Departments efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures relevant to areas of corporate coverage.
- Providing substantive support to other members of the Legal Department as needed.
- Performing other special assignments, strategic projects or duties as needed.
OK, Im interested is this the job for me?
We look for people who value agility, passion and teamwork; those who can bring fresh ideas to the table and want the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand their careers. Bring your aptitude and build upon what you do best for our customers, partners, team, and you.
Other qualities youll need to be a fit for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree and law degree required
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including training at a leading national law firm as a general corporate, securities, corporate governance or M&A attorney and significant time spent in-house, ideally at a public SaaS or other public technology company
- Broad and deep expertise in corporate and U.S. securities laws, corporate governance and board governance matters, including best practices
- Strong experience with coordination and timely and continuous filing of disclosure documentation with the SEC and NASDAQ
- Familiarity with public company accounting, tax and finance processes, terminology, systems and issues, including a basic knowledge of financial statements, GAAP accounting and tax matters preferred
- Must be admitted, registered, active and in good standing with a state bar
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AvePoint promotes and maintains a drug-free workplace.