Primary Functions: Expand, manage, document and continuously improve the contract management lifecycle throughout the credit union. Identify, mitigate and provide legal advice on third party risk and vendor management issues. Oversee the Credit Unions vendor risk management program, including the assessment, due diligence, contract negotiation, and oversight of credit union vendors. Work with department and line of business contract owners to manage the risks presented by vendor relationships and agreements. Act as the credit union subject matter expert for enterprise contract administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, review, draft, negotiate and provide practical legal advice and support on complex enterprise transactional agreements and engagements.
- Develop and improve workflows for initial procurement requirements, contract preparation, negotiation, and finalization to ensure contracts are completed and properly documented in credit union systems.
- Train and guide personnel on the use of contract playbooks, templates, relevant legal issues, and best practices in contracting.
- Review and make recommendations to update vendor management program policies, procedures, forms, and checklists based on the credit unions evolving vendor experience and risk profile.
- Research evolving regulatory standards regarding third-party vendor relationships in the financial services industry and provide recommendations to the Vendor Management Committee and CRO for program improvements.
- Develop standards and oversight mechanisms to validate, monitor and test vendor compliance with federal and state consumer protection requirements.
- Train and develop vendor analysts and assist with training of contract personnel in other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Juris Doctor degree with post-graduate certifications or continuing education in contract management.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Not Applicable
Experience/Skills: Ten or more years of contracting experience. Current working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code, technology contracting issues, and state law contracting principles. Experience implementing contract management processes in large organizations. Ability to excel in upper level management environment. Experience leading a diverse team through hiring, coaching, and performance management. Ability to successfully drive projects, processes, and change management concepts in a dynamic and complex operating environment. Deep familiarity and hands-on experience with contract law principles, negotiation techniques, and project management principles. Experience drafting, negotiating, and managing a high volume and wide variety of contracts including non-disclosure agreements, master service agreements, leases, purchase agreements, and statements of work. Demonstrated experience establishing credibility and rapport with business units, executives, and external business partners. Strong initiative to self-identify areas in need of improvement. Significant analytical skills and strong organizational ability. Keen attention to detail. Excellent and demonstrable oral and written communication skills. High emotional intelligence, good judgment, and sense of humor. Proficiency in MS Word, Power Point, Excel, and Sharepoint is required.