Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobes all about. We give everyonefrom emerging artists to global brandseverything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! Were passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
Were on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
This attorney/manager will be based in our Lehi, Utah office and will work on a broad range of outbound (customer-facing) enterprise licensing matters for on-demand services, managed services, on premise software, and professional services areas that are significant to Adobe’s success.
What youll do
The successful candidate will lead a small team handling a wide range of complex contract negotiations, and will have extensive experience with enterprise software & SaaS licensing. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience supporting enterprise licensing sales teams for on-demand services/cloud-based offerings, including at least 3 years experience managing other legal professionals. This Adobe leader must also be prepared to negotiate and drive strategic transactions, and manage a significant volume of sales/revenue agreements. In this role you will provide legal counsel to enterprise sales professionals and possibly other groups, such as Adobes business units, information security teams, and Adobe consulting services (ACS) teams on a variety of licensing topics including intellectual property matters, commercial terms, anti-trust issues, and privacy law topics.
Strong written and oral communication skills are required, along with a high EQ, a desire to collaborate with others to arrive at creative solutions. The ability to coordinate & lead projects is also essential to success. Must have a can-do outlook, be able to provide solutions that balance legal and business concerns, be customer-friendly, and a supportive teammate & colleague. We are also a close, collaborative team that loves to have fun together!
What you need to succeed
- A JD from an accredited law school, and licensed in state where working.
- 8-15 years experience (minimum 8) in commercial contract negotiations with at least 5 years in the area of enterprise software & SaaS licensing, and a minimum of 3-4 years managing other legal professionals.
- Ideal candidates will have prior in-house experience with an enterprise technology company, an AmLaw 200 level law firm, or both.
- Significant history supporting enterprise sales professionals and cloud-based software offerings is required.
- The right candidate must be prepared to drive a significant volume of sales/revenue agreements.
- This role must also counsel Sales and Business Units on a variety of topics, including licensing, IP, anti-trust and privacy law.
- Must be proficient in attention to details, a good communicator, and highly organized
- Must have excellent drafting skills