Peraton, an industry leader providing innovative solutions for space, critical Intelligence Community missions, and offensive and defensive cyber operations, is seeking to fill a critical role for a Corporate Counsel for our Herndon, VA office. If you are an Associate looking for the opportunity to have more responsibility and freedom in doing your jobthis is the position for you.
At Peraton, were at the forefront of delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day. How? We Do The Cant Be Done. Were not mired in the past. We are forward-looking, quickly disrupting the national security services market. We look past the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to completely transform how problems are solved. So, bring your unique ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the cant be done.
- Ensures that company practices and procedures comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations, and are consistent with applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Provides proactive and practical legal counsel and guidance to all business management and functional staff regarding general and specialized legal matters including federal, state and local legal compliance matters as well as with a wide variety of international and commercial business transactions.
- Advises and coordinates with thebusiness and functional leaderson significant matters concerning trade compliance,ethics and business conduct, contract terms and conditions, risk management, real estate, and insurance
- Maintains a high level of proficiency on current laws and implementing regulations, and coordinates with business management and functional staff to develop and deliver timely training, as appropriate.
- Assists in the prevention of disputes and litigation by proactive, early involvement and mediation in business transactions, and by conducting necessary compliance/business conduct training.
- Conducts internal compliance reviews and investigations
- Works with outside counsel and consultants to support government solicitation responses, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
- Develops, maintains and applies proper processes, practices and guidelines in close coordination with other functional and operational leaders.
- Engages with customer counterparts as required in support of complex legal/business transactional matters.
- Travels as necessary.
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and valid state bar membership.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in federal government contracting as counsel (law firm or in house) or a contracts professional.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- A strong background and relevant experience in all aspects of federal, state and local procurement, a variety of commercial transactions, and international sales and procurement including both contract preparation and negotiation as well as form contract preparation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- The ability and interpersonal skills to effectively function as an integral member of the Legal and business management teams.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to manage a high volume workload with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, collegial environment.
- Experience in drafting and preparing technology agreements for products and software applications including software licensing and maintenance agreements as well as joint development agreements.
- Experience in commercial real estate and facilities management
- An active Top Secret security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.