MediaMath helps the world’s top brands deliver personalized digital advertising across all connected touchpoints. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our demand-side platform every day to launch, analyze, and optimize their digital advertising campaigns across display, native, mobile, video, audio, digital out of home, and advanced TV formats.
MediaMath initiated an industry-wide effort to create a 100% accountable, addressable and aligned supply chain through SOURCE ecosystem. SOURCE by MediaMath is a technical and commercial framework for agencies, brands, tech companies, and content owners designed to provide long-term sustainable solutions for a clean digital media supply chain with brand-safe, viewable inventory. MediaMath has offices in 15 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
MediaMath is looking to appoint an Associate General Counsel to assist the General Counsel with our Privacy Program and to assist with the privacy aspects of complex contract negotiations. You will be the internal privacy subject matter expert and will partner with internal teams (Product, Engineering, Commercial) to ensure privacy is incorporated into all products and commercial agreements, and their teams are kept updated on any changes to policies or compliance.
- Draft, review, and negotiate the privacy aspects of customer agreements and processing agreements, for a wide spectrum of local and global client prospects and partners such as digital advertisers, agencies, and publishers.
- Draft, review, and negotiate data processing agreements and contract updates required under the GDPR
- Provide privacy subject-matter expertise and guidance to the legal team and cross functional departments (including commercial, product, and engineering)
- Define MediaMaths privacy program, including privacy policies, internal privacy protocols, regulatory compliance plans, and internal privacy training
- Advise on new/emerging domestic and international privacy laws, and advise the business on potential impact/risk
- Update and developing new policies, procedures, and guidance documents as needed
- Coordinate work with the global legal team to ensure a consistent approach and application of legal agreements and risk framework locally, regionally, and worldwide
- Experienced with software and technology is strongly preferred and experience with advertising technology and online advertising would be ideal.
- Experienced with privacy laws and regulations including GDPR and CCPA
- Experienced drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the privacy aspects of complex customer agreements
- Juris Doctor degree from a highly regarded law school
- Minimum 7 years of relevant privacy experience, including prior in-house or law firm experience.
- Experience working with various internal teams to help incorporate privacy by design
- CIPP certification is a plus
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.