About the Role
We’re looking for an exceptional attorney to join our Mobility Ops & Product Counsel Team, which supports the operations and product teams responsible for the technology that powers Uber’s global rides business. This is a rare opportunity for an attorney to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience with business clients and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a front-line attorney advising Uber’s dynamic product managers, engineers, deal makers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists who develop, launch, and constantly improve the technology that powers millions of trips everyday for 75 million riders and 3 million driver-partners. This role will focus on supporting Uber’s ridesharing marketplace teams, which design and operationalize the technology for pricing and matching riders and drivers using the Uber app.
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including consumer protection, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, litigation risk, intellectual property, regulatory, licensing, and antitrust, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Rides-Mobility legal team and other legal teams, such as Employment, Privacy, IP, and Marketing, to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support.
- Provide day-to-day and project-based supervision of other team members
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch.
- Draft terms and conditions, FAQs, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of Uber products and services.
- Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- Minimum of two (2) years of In-house experience preferred
- Background in pricing or economic modeling.
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience in supporting businesses operating in multiple global markets.
- Experience supporting marketplace businesses.
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to consumer products and/or technology platforms.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments.
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including technical groups, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel.
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and collaboration across organizations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Strong communication skills and proven experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.